Friday 4 January 2013

Almost a baking post!

Over the Christmas period I (Colin) made a Black Forest Gateau at the special request of my Daughter Sarah.

I used to make one every Christmas but have not done so for several years. The recipe is one from Delia Smith and as a bonus is gluten free. If you want the recipe just search for 'Black Forest Gateau Delia'. It does, however, contain an awful lot of cream... and is delicious...


However, this caused me to suffer when I ate a large piece that was left over. BUT it has solved a health problem that has been bothering me since March.

I thought I had pulled my back carrying our old suite upstairs and it has been giving me trouble on and off  ever since. But it was no such thing. After a trip to the emergency room with severe chest and back pain after eating this cake I was scanned and it turned out that I have a Gall stone...

 This is evidently what has been bothering me all this time... I am now on a zero fat diet...

To be continued... What this space.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Sorry to hear about the gall stone. Good luck with getting it sorted out.

Jean said...

Gall stones are no fun at all.
I hope you get something done about it quickly. In the meantime, a no fat diet should see you many pounds lighter very soon.

Tim said...

No more Black Forest Gateau for you for a while! At least you know what it is now. Take it easy and get well soon. P&T

GaynorB said...

Hope you manage to get the gall stone sorted soon. I'm told that they can be very painful so you've done well to manage thus far.

Take care.