Friday 24 August 2012

A fine bit of cloth...

Yesterday in Poitiers Elizabeth thought she had died and gone to heaven when she came across this small shop tucked away on the Rue de Magenta just off the main square.


The shop called DMC stocked anything and everything a creative person like Elizabeth could only dream of...  and it appears to be owned by another Elisabeth.

They had the most impressive range of cloth I have ever seen!! or should I say fabric... 


On their web site, which can be viewed here, the shop is called 'La Mercerie' ('Notions' in English). The site shows their range of products.

If you are looking for a 'fine bit of cloth' this is the place; if you can't find it here, stop looking!

I can see us visiting regularly!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks just like my type of place! Bit stuck for good haberdashery supplies down in Angouleme, so I might need a day trip to Poitiers for a 'winter preparation' treat!

GaynorB said...

Thanks for the tip. This shop would suit my friend who's taken up quilting, since she retired. My sewing skills are developing so perhaps I need to retire too ...

Colin and Elizabeth said...

It is certainly worth a visit. The fabric isn't cheap but the quality and range is superb and there is every item you could wish for in the haberdashery section. Also, just outside Poitiers at Chasseneuil, there is a branch of Mondial Tissus, which again has a fantastic haberdashery section... Drool....

Colin and Elizabeth said...

I think there could be no better reason for retiring and now you know where to go for supplies, what's not to like about the idea?!