Saturday 20 April 2013

Montagu's Harrier

We have seen a pair of Montagu's Harrier every year since we have been in Braye but never managed to get any photographs... Until this afternoon. This female was hunting in the field adjacent to our house and JUST about in camera range.


She was not very successful, after diving to the ground several times she gave up and went off the try elsewhere. Lets hope her male partner comes and gives the area a try...

Note to self! I need a longer telephoto lens.

2 comments:

Craig said...

I think you did a brilliant job of capturing that... very hard to do I would imagine. I haven't tried it yet - even with my new super 55-200 lens!

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Hi Craig I use the Canon 18-200mm all purpose lens...
It does the job but struggles a bit with long distance.