Saturday 24 March 2012

Auto Bourse de Chatellerault

This morning on our way to do our shopping we called in at the Auto Bourse or car market / exchange.

If you own an old vehicle, with any number of wheels, this is the place to go. If you could not buy the part you wanted there, then I think you would be very unlucky...

It is on over the weekend and well worth a visit especially given the splendid weather.

Was tempted with this one, just the thing for a pair of oldies like us...

.... Yes, Colin, you and who else??!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Sorry we missed you, but we had a great team lunch with La Traction Universelle and drooled over the DSs.

Tim said...

Were we all there? We drooled a little over the Citroën SM... and then had to wipe it off... admired the Minis with Simon and then consoled ourselves with some new seats for the 1956 2CV... we then had a nice couple of barquettes of frites.

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Would have loved to have been looking for that "part". When we arrived people where leaving with carbs, doors, CH Gaskets, C Heads etc. etc. I loved the Minis, I was tempted but having owned toooo many!!! I will try and find a photo of the last one I stripped down completely and rebuilt many moons ago. Keep thinking about a 2CV in dentist beige! for the future perhaps...

Simon said...

They didn't have what I was after (isn't that typical?) If anyone has a driver's seat squab for a traction, drop me a line! :)

Susan says DS, but she was drooling more over the SM. Probably more even than Tim. I was dispassionate...

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing! Wow! I'd have a field day noseying around here!