Wednesday 15 July 2015

A view of the village.

Yes It's about time we posted something!

This video was taken from my quadcopter which I have now got a little better at flying. It gives a different perspective of the village.


For the geeks... The quadcopter is a Syma X8C and the camera is a Vivitar action camera DVR 749HD. The camera that comes with it is pretty limited.

I am having great fun flying it and it's baby brother the H8 mini, which is only about 12cm across and buzzes around like a gnat. Without it though I would not be able to handle the Syma as due to its size it does not crash well. 

4 comments:

Le Pré de la Forge said...

Oooooo! That looks like fun....
I love the "bump and grind" landing...
or should that be "grind and opps, bump" landing...
but she's well stable in the air....
very nice.

Pauline's just said "big boys' toys"...
guess she's not that impressed...

I can well understand the need for a mini practice version...
just the thing for buzzing the neighbours' cats, too.

Susan said...

Make sure you keep up to date with the legislation regarding flying these things. It looks like stricter controls are coming in, and it will be policed because the government is nervous about the recent mystery night flights around nuclear power stations.

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Thanks Tim Never thought about the neighbours cats. The landing was a bit of a bump, I need more landing practice...

Susan one thing you learn quickly in France is NEVER ask... Thanks though, I do keep an eye on news articles etc. but it is unlikely I will be flying near anything sensitive!

Craig said...

Wow - I loved that! Great view of your village on a beautiful day.