Saturday 29 June 2013

Braye's Wild Flower Meadow

This is the second  year the field next but one to our house has been designated a wild flower meadow. Over the past week the flowers have started to appear above the grass and last evening I went to take a closer look.

The meadow took on a different appearance depending where I stood and the sunlight, getting lower in the sky, was glorious.

The first and last shots look back towards the house, (the poplars outline three sides of the garden)
I hope you enjoy these images as much as I enjoyed seeing the flowers..

3 comments:

Craig said...

It's spectacular! And how lucky you are to have this next to your home!

Jean said...

Beautiful!
Looking at those picture would almost convince me it was summer!
Which is a miracle considering how much water was about when we last visited, only ten days ago.

Tim said...

It is a lovely sight...
but I do wish that they were REAL wild flowers...
and not the French idea of wild flowers!!
Jachère Fleuri...

Californian Poppies are not native wild flowers...
nor are many of the others...
but the insects will benefit...
as will the birds and reptiles that feed on them.

I've tried sourcing native wild flower seed... but it seems impossible.