Thursday 31 March 2011

Shouldn't have eaten all those peanuts

We noticed a couple of Bluetits and a hole in our wall yesterday.

I can't fit through here
No its too small !!
Let me show you how its done!
There thats it
I am in but can I get out
Yes JUST.
Now watch it happen for real.


Given that we had fed them several kgs of peanuts over the winter I felt sorry for them after seeing this so I went out with a chisel and made the hole slightly larger. This morning we noticed they are both now using the hole. So watch this space for more about this nesting pair.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Only just seen this... great movie... it is the male that is unable to get in.... brighter blue cap and the tendency to flash his crest a lot!!
They would have had a go at nesting there even if you hadn't enlarged the hole! Lovely bit of observation...