Wednesday 23 March 2011

Today has been truly glorious!

Today has been truly glorious! We had wall to wall sunshine and the temperature reached 20C.

The first thing we saw when opening the shutters this morning was a Black Redstart. Unfortunately we weren't quick enough to get a photo but here's one I found online


When we went outside the butterflies were out in force. First came the Peacock, though he is a rather bedraggled specimen..


Then came the Comma


And then that herald of Spring, the Brimstone




 Another creature enjoying the warmth was this tiny lizard



However the real thrill of the day was seeing a pair of bluetits going in and out of our nest box. I managed to capture this on film but we are having problems converting this to view on the computer!! Hopefully I can add the film later. It was such a delight to see!


1 comment:

Jean said...

I'm jealous. But it won't be long before I can enjoy that Touraine sunshine again myself.