Sunday 14 August 2011

Bath Time

It is quite a while since I photographed any of our feathered garden residents but this morning I couldn't resist.. It had rained with a very heavy shower which created a few puddles on our driveway. The puddles don't last long but birds took advantage.

First dunk the head under...
Its no good you laughing you will look like this in a minute..
Ohhhhhhhh its cold...
No fighting in the bath boys!!!
I am having a real bad feather day...
Save water.... Three in the bath is always best.
If that is what it does to your feathers I'm off...

My thanks to my stars. The Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Cirl Bunting, Corn Bunting and the Pied Wagtail.

I think we need to buy a bird bath!!!

2 comments:

Craig said...

Very cute (and very clean)!

Diane said...

Great photos. I have no bird bath but I have a large pot plant base with a stone in the middle to hold it down which I always keep full of water for the birds. Mine is usually full of sparrows and often I have a queue waiting to use it when it is very hot :-) Thanks for the comments on my giveaway, good luck in the draw. Diane