Wednesday 17 August 2011

All show or will it go??

We photographed this bright vehicle at the Richelieu Brocante de l'Assomption parked adjacent to the statue.



It is clearly a kit car, incredibly low slung, so much so that I would have had difficulty getting out even if I could have got in in the first place!! I would have liked to have had a quick spin though just to see if it was all show or if it could really go....  I have a feeling it would pick its feet up!!!

I have no idea if it is based on any particular car model and the usual internet search of images produced nothing like it. So if you have any ideas please let me know..

3 comments:

Craig said...

No idea, but it's so low to the ground I'm sure that you'd feel every single bump in the road!

Tim said...

Is it a kit-car? It looks remarkably like the Lotus 11 from the front, although the back end of that wasn't cut away as this one! However, I seem to recall that Manta did a rear-engined Mini version of the Lotus in the early '70s.... could it be one of these?

Tim said...

Second looks, the exhaust looks remarkably VW!
Personally, though, I prefer the Mehari in the background of the first picture....