Friday 13 July 2012

More new life in our garden

Elizabeth spotted these baby Mistle Thrushes this morning and looking at the picture I bet they wondered what all the wet stuff was...


Mum was working very hard to keep up with the constant demand for food, even looking quite frantic at times.
"I will get this worm out!!!"

But try as she might, the youngsters were not easily satisfied..
"Come on Mum, we are hungry!"

Guess the lesson here is that even a Mum can't do the impossible!

So come on youngsters! Get off your perch and start digging!

4 comments:

Diane said...

What lovely photos. I have never seen a thrush here. I am under the impression that they are a tasty French dish :(( Diane

Tim said...

I love the French name for them Grive draine... goes with the weather... after all they are the Storm Cock!
Great pix!

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Diane: Will let you know what they taste like later!!

The Broad said...

Ahh -- Family life! Great pictures...