One of the main reasons for the upgrading was that the existing shower walls had not been tanked (waterproofed) and damp patches appeared in the adjacent bedroom and toilet. It was now time for the waterproofing!!!
We had seen the waterproofing kits in Leroy Merlin but were not sure they would be suitable to cover existing tiles. "No problem" said the very helpful chaps, "just wash the old tiles down apply the primer and then two coats of sealer"...
Whoever thought of the colour!!! Can you see where I've been? It is great stuff to use and both the primer and the top coat leave a gritty coating. The top coat has the consistency of pancake batter and can be applied with brush or roller. I used a 3" brush.
It was a productive trip to Leroy Merlin. As well as buying the waterproofing we also noticed the shower door assembly we wanted was on offer (-15%) in the soldes, so that was ordered. On our way back we called at Brico Depot and bought the tiles.
No excuse now then Colin...
I don't mind tiling at all; you can see the progress of your work and the end result is always so much better. What I don't like is cutting, especially holes...
Fortunately I had measured it correctly.
Overall the tiling looks OK but its like every job you do... You know all the little errors and there are one or two!! Grout will make them invisible ( I hope!!!)
This is the point where I stopped work this afternoon.
Trouble is, I still have + 6 m² of tiles still to put on and many of those will involve cutting!!!