Wednesday 16 January 2013

The Birds

One of my Christmas presents was a remote timer shutter for my camera. I wanted to "attempt..." to take some star photographs. Watch this space for that one but it is toooo cold and overcast at the moment!

However I have found another great use for it... I can put the camera on the tripod and position it near to a subject and sit and take photographs from the comfort of my armchair. These are some of my first attempts,  the birds on our feeders.


Hopefully now I will be able to photograph the elusive Jay, a bird that is always around in the garden and I have been attempting to get a decent shot of since we have been here. There is only one problem Elizabeth got a new camera also with a great optical zoom... Let battle comence...


3 comments:

Tim said...

Lovely pics Colin! I particularly like the last one. There's a Nikon with 520x optical zoom going for 129 euros, slways something new! Pauline

GaynorB said...

Great opening salvo (is salvo a word?)

Susan said...

These are great -- remote triggers and tripods make such a difference. I've only ever used them in studio situations. Can't wait to see your various subjects.