Monday 10 February 2014

Our Garden today

A blog more for the record than anything else...

The water table is rising by the day... Our hole is now very full of water...

Today I pruned the vines... I am always a little nervous about this as it is mostly guess work... But last year we did have a good crop of grapes

The weeping willows are starting to come into leaf...

We have standing room only on our bird table... mostly goldfinches, flocks of them and they fall out like mad...
"is there any room yet!"
 Here I come!
They are very entertaining.

Evening meal tonight - Roast beef with all the trimmings, including horse radish sauce, followed by home grown mixed fruit in a jelly and lots of ice cream (Elizabeth rations me normally)

1 comment:

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Looks like you've been busy whilst I'm away.

Again, just for the record, whilst I can probably outdo my daughter at gardening I'm defeated hands down when it comes to shopping.