Wednesday 7 March 2012

If my body was a car....


We thought we'd share these thoughts with you.....

       If my body was a car, I would definitely be trading it in for a newer model.
       I've got bumps, dents and scratches and my paint job is splattered with varicose            veins.
       My headlights are out of focus.
       My traction is not as graceful as it once was.
       My gearbox is just about seized up. It takes me hours to reach maximum speed.
       I overheat for no reason.
       But worst of all is every time I sneeze, cough or laugh either my radiator leaks or            my exhaust backfires....

Ring any bells??

The joys of growing old!!!

Our thanks to Célestine for the use of her picture. You can also see Célestine on Facebook

5 comments:

Diane said...

LOL great post I love it and yes it rings many bells!! Now I would like to trade myself in for a well restored Porsche 356, or the other thing that I have often thought I would like to return as is a Peregrine falcon :)

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Oh I like that one, Diane... That's my type of reincarnation!

GaynorB said...

How is your chassis doing?

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Mine suggests hard driving and neglect. It's showing signs of rust, too, particularly round the low points. And to be honest, I think dust and mud have found their way into my drain holes!! Shame...

Jean said...

So very true. Plus the fact that I get fewer miles to the gallon than I used to !!