Sunday 14 February 2016

Nature's Valentines 2016

At a mountain look out at Queenstown, Tasmania, en route to the Western Wilderness,  I read an inscription which reminded me how easy it is to overlook the beauty of the natural world around us:

 "And the blue sky and in the mind of man
A motion and a spirit that impels
All thinking things, all objects or all thoughts
And rolls through all things,
While others see and feel precisely nothing at all..."
                                                        Charles Withnall, Queenstown resident, 1896-1923

 Taking time to "stand and stare" can be low on our priorities as we try to keep pace with today's world. But our holiday gave ample opportunity to do just that.

With Valentines Day just around the corner I kept my eyes open for some of Natures "Valentines".
I hope you enjoy my selection...


Happy Valentines Day to one and all!

3 comments:

GaynorB said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you both xx

Susan said...

Great selection of natural love hearts :-)

Le Pré de la Forge said...

Lovely... And well spotted!!
Have a happy day!