Monday 24 November 2014

Owls Out; Robins In!

Having recently had an operation on my eye, I'm "not allowed" to do any stone carving for a few weeks... so my carved stone owls are a no-no, sadly.

However, where one door closes.... another opens and a load of robins come in...


I decided to use some of my paintings of robins, done in very different styles, and transfer them onto fabric to make some Christmas bits and bobs.

I've started with some fine cotton napkins...

I've thought of table runners, a tea cosy, and door-bottom draught excluder but if anyone has any good ideas to use these (and other) transfers onto fabric, for Christmas, please let me know, bearing in mind that once transferred to the fabric they are washable at 30C.

Likewise, if you are looking for a gift that's just a little different, give me a shout. I'm starting a 'blog' of craftwork at www.spangledust.co.uk and will be adding these napkins to that shortly.

5 comments:

GaynorB said...

The paintings are beautiful. You are so talented! I'll give some thought as to what else you could transfer them on to.

Jean said...

Lovely!
Ladies hankies? Some people still use them, me for example.

Tim said...

Simple bedside sized lampshades...
cotton t-towels in one corner only...
the hanger corner, which is always the least used...
along the bottom of a white roller blind...
or a strip [to measure] to be added to same...
I'll be back.....................

Linda said...

Lovely paintings!

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Thank you to everyone who has left such encouraging comments. Tim, you'd make the perfect project manager! What brilliant ideas! I particularly like the roller blind idea... and with matching tea towels... room for thought, there!