Saturday 18 October 2014

Following on from yesterday...

One reason we were short on storage is that we keep attending the twice a year 'Grande Vente Emmaus' in Chatellerault. It was only last week that Elizabeth said "there must be another one due soon"

This morning on our weekly shopping trip, the signs were out!! Surprisingly it was this weekend and we had missed the first day. 'Wot no notice' Elizabeth was on the point of tears. I was reluctant to go but with my arm up my back and my wife in such a state, what could I do...

We entered and were given the requisite plastic bag each...

We managed to get away reasonably with the following...

including a piece of Limoges porcelain...

And with the pocket only €2.50 lighter!

(Unless, of course, we need another cupboard to house it in!!!)

5 comments:

Jean said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful..........
Can I come with you next time........please........?
Nick is close to having a "no more crockery" rule, but I just think he should be grateful that he has a wife who gets happy on vintage china, not designer handbags !!!

GaynorB said...

Hi, wrote a much longer reply earlier which went into the ether of my ipad wifi connection. It might turn up.

Basically what it said was "can I come too?". Tim is no fun at all at this sort of event! :o)

Jean said...

Sounds like a girls' trip out to me next time.........!!

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Get yourselves down there tomorrow. They restock each day. Opens at 10... I would come but my skirts in the wash...C

GaynorB said...

Can't go tomorrow, but will be relying on Colin to keep us informed of the next one? Who needs a brocante when you get so many beautiful pieces for so little money!

Perhaps our wonderful husbands could spend their time using routers, dremmels, saws, lathes and other essential bits of woodworking essentials to create the storage solutions! ;0)