Monday 4 August 2014

Total Warrior?? Total Wreck of a Mum!!

Sons, eh?? Do they realise what they put us through??

This is my son, David, in blue, taking part in the Total Warrior Challenge 2014, held in the Lake District. Next to him in black at the start line, is Jane's fiance Stephen, who has encouraged David to take on the challenge...

Here they are part way round the 10K 25-30 obstacle course...

And looking a bit happier and a good deal muddier at the end, after 1hr 36min of hell...

David was doing it to raise funds for S.E.E.D, the eating disorder charity where he is a volunteer worker....
Whilst I'm very proud of him for doing this I've just one comment to make:

Why not do a sponsored silence/knit/chess game????

4 comments:

Susan said...

Good on 'em both (and they are handsome boys :-)

GaynorB said...

Well done to both David and Stephen.

Mums might be happier with chess/knitting challenges, but I doubt it would raise as much money!

Elizabeth, I agree with you that the things our sons get up to also become challenges (of worry) for us. I suppose we'd better get used to it...

Jean said...

Congratulations to both and to you for having brave warriors in your family!
I don't think you really want them to take up knitting.......do you?!

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Susan, Gaynor and Jean, thank you for your comments. I'm very proud of them both.

I suppose you're right, Gaynor: We'll just have to get used to the worry these things generate. In fact, we should really be used to it already!!