Tuesday 29 April 2014

Watching Flowers in the Rain...

Despite the foul weather today, I was determined to take a walk round the garden and en route I photographed some flowers seemingly enhanced by the raindrops...

The colour of these iris seemed intensified by the overcast skies..

Yet again, our Ispahan rose full of flowers with many more buds to come...

Likewise the Pierre de Ronsard...

One of the late tulips weighed down with the rain...

More beautifully coloured iris....

And the delicate stems of Heuchera (Coral Flower)

They brightened up my day, anyway!

3 comments:

Pollygarter said...

Ah! The first record to be played on Radio One - how many times have I heard that one in a quiz?

Pollygarter said...

Seriously though, you've got some stunning irises. And having seen Pierre de Ronsrd, I know what's going to be climbing up our late (43 years late) Christmas tree

Tim said...

The parrot-feather tulip looks wonderful....
my favourite tulip finish is the parrot feather.